Sunset Skating Club is a not-for-profit, volunteer run organization. As a parent, you hold special membership for the underage active members of the Sunset Skating Club, and your participation is vital to ensuring that the skating program is successful and registration fees are kept reasonable.
Families of Junior Development skaters are asked to contribute ONE HOUR of volunteer time during the skating year (September 2019 to August 2020). No volunteer bond is required.
Families of Junior Star/StarSkate, Intermediate, and Senior skaters are asked to contribute a minimum of THIRTY FIVE HOURS PER FAMILY of volunteer time during each skating year (September 2019 to August 2020) OR a cash donation in the amount of $200 per family. The $200 will be charged in advance of the skating year in the form of a volunteer bond. NOTE: Skaters' volunteer time (i.e. PA, participation in the Skate-a-Thon or ice show, etc.) cannot be applied towards the volunteer time requirement.
- An invoice for the Volunteer Bond must be paid before registration can proceed
- If the required hours are met by your family, you will be refunded the volunteer bond at the beginning of the fall 2020 season.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR VOLUNTEERING (include, but are not limited to, the following)
- managing the music box
- organizing potlucks at Simulation, Test, and other Club events
- planning and organizing fundraising and skating events (i.e. Halloween Costume Contest, Canskate's Bring a Friend Day, Skate-a-Thon, etc.)
- Organizing PA schedules, substitutes, etc.
- setting up and taking down equipment before and after Canskate
- assisting CanSkate Coordinator with organizing name badges before each season
- sorting CanSkate report cards during each season
- joining the Sunset Skating Club's Annual Skating Show Committee
- collecting fees during Simulations and Tests
- cleaning up the Sunset Skating Club's office
- making contributions to the Sunset Skating Club's newsletter
- assisting the coach(es) and/or Board members with paperwork and administrative duties
- spontaneous gestures of support
It is the responsibility of each family to identify opportunities for volunteering on the Sunset Skating Club's website and the office Bulletin Board.
The volunteer bond/cash contribution will be pro-rated for skaters who register for Junior Star, Junior, Intermediate, and/or Senior programs mid-year.
VOLUNTEER LOG SHEET